Medicare Costs

In general, Medicare Parts A&B pay 80% coinsurance of your hospital & medical bills. You’ll pay the remaining 20% coinsurance of the bills plus deductibles and copays which vary depending on the Medicare-approved service.

Most people choose to add a Medicare Supplement Plan (Medigap) to help pay for ALL or MOST of their out-of-pocket costs for Medicare-approved services.

If you choose to “REPLACE” Original Medicare A&B with "alternative coverage" called an Advantage Plan, then you must follow the insurance company-specific Advantage Plan's out-of-pocket cost structure.

2022 Medicare Parts A & B Costs at a Glance

Part A Premium

  • Most people don’t pay a monthly premium for Part A
  • (sometimes called “premium-free Part A”)

Part A Deductible

$1,556 deductible for each benefit period

Part A Coinsurance

  • Days 1-60: $0 coinsurance for each benefit period
  • Days 61-90: $389 coinsurance per day of each benefit period
  • Days 91 and beyond: $778 coinsurance per each “lifetime reserve day” after day 90 for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime)
  • Beyond lifetime reserve days: all costs

Part B Premium

  • The standard Part B premium amount is $170.10
  • (maybe higher depending on your income)

Part B Deductible

$233 annual deductible

Part B Coinsurance

After your deductible is met, you typically pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for most doctor services (including most doctor services while you’re a hospital inpatient), outpatient therapy, and durable medical equipment (DME)

medicare a.png
medicare b.png
Medicare-Shark

CHEWS MEDICARE HELP TODAY!

Submit your information below and I will contact you about your Medicare coverage options. This is a solicitation for insurance.

CALL OUR AWARD-WINNING ELITE MEDICARE BROKERS!